Our mission is to provide financial support to charitable, educational, cultural, and recreational projects, which are beneficial to the community.
The Brokenhead River Community Foundation is a local non-profit that provides financial support to charitable, educational, cultural and recreational projects in the Beausejour & Brokenhead communities.
The Brokenhead River Community Foundation is a collection of funds created for the community of Beausejour/Brokenhead, by gifts from local and former citizens, businesses, and community organizations. We strive to be an accessible, innovative and transformative force in our community.
Incorporated in 1998, your Foundation has been serving the Beausejour/Brokenhead Community for nearly 25 years. In that time, over $1,00,000 has been gifted to the Foundation. The money gifted is never spent – but invested for perpetuity, with a portion of the interest earned going back into the community annually via grants to local organizations and scholarships/bursaries to graduating students.
Your Foundation is dedicated to inspiring and helping people of all backgrounds and means, creating lasting legacies to benefit the community of Beausejour/Brokenhead.
- We are a registered charity, governed by a dedicated board of volunteers.
- We are creating permanent endowment funds to support the diverse groups in the Beausejour/Brokenhead Community with the help of our generous donors.
- We maintain detailed financial records, ensuring your donation goes towards the causes you care about.
- We support local groups and organizations through partnerships and grants.
- We are continually adapting and responding to the changing needs of the community.
- To support and advance community activities or facilities of a charitable nature.
- To assist and promote arts and cultural activities.
- To advance education through establishing scholarship funds and funding special educational projects.
- To support heritage and the environment.
- To support and advance the provision of medical and nursing services.
- To support recreation and sport.
- To promote the development of programs for children, youth, and seniors.
- To advance the welfare of the needy and to alleviate human suffering and poverty.