Association For Community Living – $500.00 to purchase woodworking equipment.
Beausejour Brokenhead Minor Hockey – $800.00 to purchase goalie equipment.
Brokenhead River Community Hall – $1500 to convert to LED lighting.
Brokenhead River Recreation Committee – $1,500 to purchase floor curling rocks.
Beausejour Kids Centre – $500.00 to purchase outdoor equipment
Beau-Head Historical Society – $545 in support of the Schreyer Archives.
Happy Time Nursery – $500 to purchase a photocopier
Haystack Productions – $1,750 to build a storage building for stage props.
Interlake Eastman Regional Health Authority – $3,886 in support of Beausejour Hospital and Eastgate PCH.
Network For Change – $1,500 for a Trail mural on the old arena.
Rotary Club of Selkirk – $1000 to purchase diagnostic equipment for Selkirk Hospital.
Royal Canadian Legion #132 – $1500 to purchase a pizza warmer.
Sunrise School Division – $189 in support of their senior boys basketball program.
Tyndall Soccer Association – $1,750 to purchase soccer equipment.
Canada 150 Grants
Our foundation partnered with Community Foundation of Canada to make $10,000 available to celebrate Canada’s 150 Anniversary. Recipients were:
- Active Transportation received a grant of $2500 to develop a trail through Beausejour along the old railway bed.
- Broken-Beau Historical Society received a grant of $2500 to construct a board walk through the village to make it more accessible to all visitors.
- Air Cadet Squadron 249 received a grant of $2000 to purchase and display 128 Canadian flags in remembrance of the 128,000 Canadian’s that did not return from war.
- Canada Day Celebration was awarded a grant of $1250 to support the community wide celebration of Beausejour/Brokenhead’s diverse community.
- Summerfest received a grant of $1000 to support a family friendly event showcasing Canada’s history and multiculturalism.
- Garson Hall received a grant of $750 to support it celebration with the citizens of Garson, Tyndall and area.
2017 Community Grants
At our Annual general meeting in May, our grants were announced.
– A grant of $1000 to assist in the construction of an arbour.
Nolan Thomas Play Centre
– A grant of $2000 to assist in the purchase and installation of tables and play structures.
Beausejour Recreation Commission
– A grant of $850 for the purchase of an ice edger.
Beausejour Kids’ Centre
– A grant of $1000 to purchase toys, swing set, and storage shed.
Gillis Play and Learn Centre
– A grant of $1000 to purchase water and sand tables.
– A grant of $250 to purchase planters.
Katie’s Cottage, Winkler
– A grant of $250 to purchase benches and walking path
– $3693 in support of Eastgate and Beausejour Hospital
Edward Schreyer School Boys’ Basketball Program
– $227 was granted to the boys’ basketball program at EESS from a fund created by a local family.
Brokenhead Historical Society
– $520 was granted to the Historical Society to assist them in preserving the papers of Edward Schreyer, former Premier of Manitoba and Governor General of Canada.